Home > dmi, DMI Workshop, Education, institute, Links, packaging, printing, printing technology, screen printing, students, training > One day exclusive workshop for 40 GIPT mumbai students at DMI on 18-Sep-2010

One day exclusive workshop for 40 GIPT mumbai students at DMI on 18-Sep-2010

My one day DMI workshop brought lot of charm and confidence in the faces of 40 GIPT students.

The last Saturday, 18th September I really missed to welcome 40 enthusiastic students accompanied by three faculties from GIPT Mumbai who had come to my institute DMI to see the real world of advanced screen printing in action.

In my absence my team made the students feel comfortable with the facilities. After the warm up all students gathered at DMI’s auditorium where they were briefed about the DMI’s activities by Shailesh Yeole, DMI’s Faculty & Shripad Bhatt, Editor, Grafica News.

Later when I reached, I was told by my colleagues that their enthusiasm did not fade away although they had got stuck in the severe traffic jam and persistent rain further delaying their arrival by an hour. That’s because they were sure of the kind of knowledge that they were expecting to gain at DMI.

Some of these students were a part of my houseful seminar that I conducted at GIPT’s campus in February this year, following which the final year students 2009-10 had attended one day orientation workshop at DMI in March 2010. (Click on the following links to see complete photo gallery of Bhargav@GIPT & GIPT@DMI)

So the beneficial effect of DMI has been spreading among the students community, WOW… That’s because I heard from some of the students that in print technology institutes they were never exposed to advanced screen printing technology the way it is demonstrated at DMI. Even my faculty who graduated from a printing technology institute always tells the same story. This is miserable what is happening in many reputed instates especially when screen printing is so popular in almost many industry.

I think the technical education think tanks in India should really make an immediate analysis of the printing education offered in various institutes which is MINUS advanced screen printing but touches upon only some basic outdated elements of screen printing… very sad especially when the Indian screen printing is adopting automation in a big way and the need for trained screen printing professionals is shooting up. In the recent past, there has been a growing trend of offset printers embracing screen printing, whereas the printing institutes emphasizes more on offset and other printing technology.

As an entrepreneur focussed in the development of screen printing industry I cannot simply wait for some change to take place in the printing education…. So I am determined to take screen printing education to a greater height through my own institute DMI. I am receiving tremendous response from various institutes who are willingly sending their students for training at DMI and I am proud of this development.

Coming back to Saturday’s program at DMI, the morning session was taken over by my faculty.

As I mentioned earlier that these students were not new to me and DMI since they had also attended my seminar at GIPT campus at Mumbai in February this year. So, naturally the students who are studying in the final year of their printing course, felt more comfortable with me.

The students were stumped when they were taken into our gallery where an array of screen printed samples were displayed, right from a simple labels and stickers to high end automobile decals, ceramic transfers, screen printed T-shirts, packaging, special effects, micro embossing…

When they were told that those were the screen printed samples…. they went crazy to touch and feel with great detail and my faculty got surrounded to get in-depth explanation on almost every screen printed samples…. with some straight questions… how it was done, what inks used, what mesh used, how it is possible to screen print such jobs etc…

This way the students and the three faculties from GIPT also got fully engrossed with such creative screen printed samples and we then compelled them to move first towards the screen making department.

In the screen making department they were explained the difference between various types of fabrics (nylon and polyester; white and yellow fabric) the mechanism to stretch the fabric on a fully automatic pneumatic stretching machine; how the fabric is stretched step by step and how the tension meter is used to check the tension of the mesh; how to apply the adhesive etc.

Later screens were prepared in front of them using various machines and equipments like fully automatic emulsion coating machine, screen exposing, screen drying etc.

I was told many of the students even noting down names of various chemicals, screen making procedures etc.

As I had busy schedules in the morning, I came in the afternoon. I was quietly observing the post lunch session which included special effect printing and CMYK screen printing on various machines at DMI.

Such was their enthusiasm… Checkout the photo galley because sometimes photo speaks more than words.

After their short and hectic practicals, I took over the session for a short presentation on advanced screen printing process. Later, I also made a presentation on “Emerging Technologies” a presentation sponsored to DMI by a close friend of mine “Mike Young” who is also one of a senior most member of the academy “ASPT”. His presentation is so great that it becomes easy for me to proves them that screen printing has a promising future for all print technology students.

After seeing both presentations, they expressed their willingness to pursue career in screen printing. I could see their urge … and although I wind up my session, few students prevented me by ending the session just like that and said :Sir we want to say few words about our today’s experience.” Two students came forward to speak about their feelings and experience they got in one day… and I was touched by their love and affection once again.

To my surprise, although their term ends only in the first quarter of 2011, some of the students registered their name for DMI’s short term training.

Advertisements
  1. Rakesh Bharvad
    September 29, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Hello Sir,

This is Rakesh Bharvad, Graduated from GIPT in 07 and I am studying Printing Management in US.
    I always spend a little time to read your blogs. It is been always very interested to me.

I am all the time learning something new in the screen printing beacause of your blogs.

Thank you.

If I get the chance when I come to India, I would like to see you.

Once Again,

Thank you.

• September 30, 2010 at 9:31 am

Thanks and god bless you. Even I would also like to see you. Let me know when you are back in Mumbai.

Do study well and always remember few things:

1. Always read as much as you can in a day.

2. Avoid reading newspapers instead read magazines because the article in magazines are quite polished. Even if you want to read the news paper read in the afternoon or evening but not before sleep or after wakeup. This will keep your mind fresh and will give you positive thoughts, energy and better ideas throughout the day.

3. Stay connected with your parents and always respect them. Its because of them you are having this luxury life. Always keep in mind that you have to pay back to them in what ever the form (not money only).

4. Stay with good friends who talks positive and have great ideas.

5. Avoid cigarettes and alcohol.

6. Do the best for your country and our people. Keep a helpful nature. But never give money to the beggars because in a way you are creating more of them.

7. Finally stay happy and live life king size. Never treat your problems as problems and get upset if there are more problems that means you are getting more experienced and matured.

So keep in touch and let me wish you all good things in life and a big bright future.

With love and care

Bhargav

• Rakesh Bharvad
        October 5, 2010 at 12:02 am

I’ll really appreciate it.

Also whatever you have mentioned those Do’s : 1 through 7, I’ll keep in my mind and will definitely follow.

Once Again Thank you.

Rakesh Bharvad

2. October 2, 2010 at 7:16 pm

Halo Sir
    How are you ?
    My NANO Print & UV is successfully Installed.
    I enjoy the printing. first time i print the Letter head on Executive Bond of my regular & Valuable Customer. This Company Boss is help in my NPL bank proposal. My father is also Like the Machine, & its Fine Printing when he see the machine first time he satisfied & says very GOOD Machine manufactured by GRAFICA and also trust me for chosen Quality machines.

Thanks
    Bipin Shinde
    Saarth Techno Graphics, Sangli

• October 3, 2010 at 12:22 am

Hi Bipin,

WOW and GREAT to here this from you my dear.

It’s a great satisfaction for us when our creations satisfies our users and helps them in their career bringing great opportunities.

God bless you and best of luck to you and your family.

Well done,

Bhargav

3. netra salvi
    February 27, 2011 at 1:03 pm

heloo sir,
    m netra salvi a student from gipt..
    this is ma last year n we have subject named project work for last i.e for 6th semester,there are 6 members in my batch,we are willing to do textile priting on staff aprons as they never use such kind of apron like students n as it is usefull for collage n for the staff too..
    so in referance of that yesterday we came there in graphica @ vasai, n mr.mohan kaikini n shailesh sir coporate nicely n gave information which we requird n he is goin to help us in project too..
    thank you sir for this support by DMI
    n we want to meet u…
    take care

4. tariq khan
    March 24, 2011 at 5:24 pm

dear sir,
    my name is tariq khan from allahabad, i m doing screen printing job last 10 years and i want to know the more latest and advance technology.
    can you please suggest me the institute, where i can do a course or crash course if possible.

thanking you

5. Virendra S Tambe
    March 25, 2011 at 9:09 pm

photos were superb….
    thanxx so much for guiding n teaching us about various application of screen printing….
    thanx specially to Bhargav Sir.

6. sunita kabade
    February 23, 2012 at 3:03 pm

hello sir,
    i am doing my law studies but with the same i want to do my self business & i am interesting in printing as my side business but i have lack of printing knowledge so please guide me how i can do the same with any crash course of printing.
    Kindly revert me as soon as possible.

• February 23, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Excuse us for basics because we teach either diploma or degree holders from printing universities or printing professionals only only on advance screen printing process

1. No trackbacks yet.