Home > awards, dmi, Education > DMI students made India proud by winning international awards year after year

DMI students made India proud by winning international awards year after year

Ever since its inception in 2006, my institute, DMI is continuing its saga of winning awards in national and international students’ competitions. This year my institute has set a world record by clinching two hatricks in two major international awards competitions and made me and my country proud.

As many of  you would recollect, by winning Silver at FESPA 2010 Munich, DMI became the first screen printing institute in the world to win in FESPA’s Youth competitions for three years’ in succession.

And in this ASPT students’ competition 2010, my students sealed yet another hatricks by cornering awards for 4 consecutive years.

DMI's "BEST OF SHOW" Entry - The Munich River

DMI's "BEST OF SHOW" Entry - The Munich River

This year DMI won 3 Gold Awards, 3 Honorable Mention and 1 Best of Show Honor in ASPT’s Tom Frecska Student Printing Competition 2010. This means out of its 8 entries, it cornered 7 awards.

I am very proud of all my students who really worked hard with perfection and won 7 international awards for DMI.

Here, I would like to specially mention two names “Shailesh Yeole” and “Firoz Chippa”, who played a leading role in the entire awards entry process. Both of them really hard with passion and dedication and the awards are the reflection of their efforts. Their entry not only won GOLD but was also judged as “BEST OF SHOW” in this competition.

Student of my 6th batch printing samples for ASPT Students Competition at DMI.

Some of the entries submitted to ASPT students competition by DMI:

DMI's Award Winning Entries at ASPT Student's Competition

DMI's Award Winning Entries at ASPT Student's Competition

List of DMI Student who won the awards at ASPT Student’s Competition

I was told that there were 61 entries from six institutes in the Post Secondary section out of which 17 entries were bestowed with awards. I was also informed that DMI was the only entity from India in this section which had submitted 8 samples out of which 7 were bestowed with awards.

The ASPT students’ competition though relatively new, the quality from the participants are improving year after year as noted by the observers. There has been also a growing interest among the visitors to see the students’ award gallery. But visitors usually tend to feel that students are not competing in the same manner as professional printers.  But this year their belief was wrong.

Many of the visitors could not really believe the standard of quality of entries submitted by DMI students this year, especially the DMI’s winning samples on display.

Mike Young, during his visit to DMI

Mike Young, during his visit to DMI

My friend, Mike Young, a leading consultant (Imagetek Consulting International), USA, had sent me an email about this good news and here are his words.

“Dear Bhargav,

“Yeole Shilesh did a great job. He won gold for the Butterfly Bag, an honorary mention for the A4 Catalog and gold for the FESPA Munich River which also took deservedly the “Best In Show” Award.

Rishi/Sunil won honorary for the Chocolate Box, as did Albert Baby Chand for the Guitar print.  However, Rishi won gold for his Teddy Bear entry.

This year, the competition was tough from several really good entries from US students – effectively setting up a challenged to the Indian ‘block’.

Please give your students a resounding thanks and appreciation in all their efforts and endeavors and not forgetting their instructor of course.

Regards,

Mike Young”

About Mike Young.
He has been a specialist in high-definition graphic and high-performance industrial screen printing close to 40 years.  A regular visitor to India, he is an honorary judge for the SGIA Golden Imaging Awards, legal expert witness and a frequent seminar speaker in all aspects of sophisticated and high-definition industrial printing.  He is a SGIA Fellows, a member of the Academy of Screen Printing Technology and recipient of the prestigious Swormstedt Award for technical writing.

DMI’s Past Achievements – A FLASH BACK:

My students will be happy to read your inspirational comments on this post for their continued achievements.

Regards,

Bhargav

Advertisements
  1. Kamlakar R. Wadekar
    November 29, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Great! Keep it up.

2. Virender Singh
    November 29, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Dear Bhargav ji,

We congratulate you, your training faculty & students who created the history in Indian Screen Printing Industry. From today onwards we will be recalling you Bhargav urf Sachin of Screen Printing Industry. Good luck.

Regards
    Virender Singh

• November 29, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Thank you Virendraji but let me be known as what I am and for what I am.
      Regards,
      Bhargav

• Virender Singh
        November 30, 2010 at 1:11 pm

As all of us know business is very ordinary attempt which almost every one is doing to earn his bread & butter but what ever you & you team are contributing through DMI is remarkable & the out come of these efforts will open our eyes,broaden our horizons,deepen our understandings & ultimately will tranform our attitude to put up strong & prestigious foundations for Screen Printing Industry globally. “”Imagination is every thing,if we can imagine a future, we can create it. If we can create that future others will live in that. That is the essence of life & you are made for that, you will be known for that.

3. Kaushik Ray
    November 30, 2010 at 1:57 pm

I am very eager to see live the works at DMI. DMI is doing a great job. I am from Kolkata. We do not have institute like DMI here. If you know then upgrade me. I would like to know the variety of applications of screen printing. Also, my question is that can screen printing unit be viable in today’s competitive market?

Regards,
    Kaushik

• December 1, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Kindly register for DMI Workshop online which is scheduled in Jan 2011. Do it soon before the seats are full. Attending this workshop will clear all your doubts and broaden your imagination in screen printing.

4. lalit
    December 21, 2010 at 2:15 pm

want to join free seminars and training camp

5. Sanjay V. Naik
    February 4, 2011 at 7:38 pm

Respected sir i am duing screen printing half tone piture on pvc material but myself not satisfied with my printing quality i want a upgrade my self so please inform me for your next workshop on halftone printing & exposing thanks

6. Bipin G Vaidya
    February 8, 2011 at 11:58 am

Dear Bhargav,

It is a great feeling to know you will be talking as a Guru on the concept of innovative print finish against the US audience and be among other Guru’s. You have been doing a marvellous job in giving a dynamism to the screen printing industry.

Bipin G Vaidya.

7. February 22, 2011 at 7:44 pm

am chirag am from dr.tma,pai ,poltechnic,manipal.
    today Ur company team came to our college, an so interested in joining Ur company

8. May 17, 2011 at 11:05 am

Dear sir, I am from Ludhiana (punjab), want to join free seminars and training camp
    at DMI.

9. Maju George
    June 15, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Hi Bhargav,

I was fortunate enough to listen to you at the recently ended Seminar at Chennai which was a part of the Exhibition organised by SIPM.. I would like to know when you have the next 3 day workshop to enhance my knowledge in screen printing.

Regards,
    Maju George
    CEO, JIPL – A Printing Division

10. Ketan Maru
    December 16, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Dear Sir,
    My experience to the workshop has changed my views. I have learned many new things & application of screen printing.
    Sir If I am not shifting to Mumbai under Apple Graphics, then I will surely going to buy Nano

Sir I want to the contact details of Nilesh Ent of Kolkata.

11. April 8, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Dear Mr Mistry, I have done a one day workshop on screen printing on fabric. I have fallen in love with this art. I am keen on taking it forward but I do not have I depth knowledge on the following topics: Binder pigment ratio, Solvents, Selection of right mesh for printing on various fabrics etc. Kindly let me know if there is a short course in your institute or is there a information cell that can help novices like us.
    Regards,
    Rama Srirangarajan

• June 5, 2013 at 11:33 am

In our institute we only tech screen printing process and you issue is chemistry so in this regards we cannot comment

12. Vignesh
    July 6, 2013 at 4:43 pm

sir i want to join in DMI and i want to learn printing sir please guide me

13. March 18, 2014 at 12:18 pm

Greeting from Kamalini! Wiriting you from a vocational training centre for underprivileged girls and women in Delhi. Ready to get some screen printing machine for our production centre and hopefully for some training. We have a teacher who will start teaching it but would like to know if you know somebody in Delhi who could volunteer for giving training.
    Please, visit our website http://www.kamalini.org
    Thanks,
    Claudia Pasapera

• April 24, 2014 at 10:27 pm

We can certainly guide you on this matter. I do run a professional institute called DMI (Dhirubhai Mistry Insitute For Print Education Research and Training) and so far more than 1250 professionals have taken training from us since 1996. I shall forward your comments to our sales team and they shall get back to you soon or you can also contact us at our office. The numbers are mentioned on our website.

14. vishal kainth
    October 18, 2014 at 2:36 pm

hello sir……
    my self vishal from Ludhiana ( punjab). i am working on grafica flextronica from past 3 yrs. am post graduate in computers.. i am very good wid water base colors.. i wana join ur company and send my cv. how i can apply.. pls guide me.
    thanks u sir