Home > DMI Workshop > Learn how to screen print 511 Solid Colors with just 9 Impressions

Learn how to screen print 511 Solid Colors with just 9 Impressions

In this workshop at DMI starting from 1st Dec to 3rd Dec, I am going to teach how to achieve 511 solid (pantone) colors in just 9 impressions.

This technique was developed by my Guru Michel Caza and he was quite generous to teach me when I was undergoing my training in his company Graficaza at France.

He named this technique “Caza Superimposition” where I remember he used to achieve 64 spot colors with only 6 impressions. But this research at DMI went even further where I developed how to achieve 511 spot color by just adding only 3 impressions more.

It would be a nightmare to print more than 100 special spot (solid pantone) colors and making 100 screens for each color. Its also difficult to stock and manage so many special colors.

Now its possible to do that using a special technique which I will be teaching in our coming workshop at DMI starting from 1st to 3rd December 2011.

In this workshop we are going to screen print around 100 different spot (Pantone colors) and also with few metallic spot colors on a calendar with just 9 impressions only.

Later we shall also add around 12 new UV special effects on the same calendar. One of the special effect out of that will be UV MIRROR INKS.

More over we will be also printing this calendar on a Transparent Plastic, Metallic Foil and a Rigid White Sun-board

This technique will be shown at DMI for the first time in this coming workshop and I am very excited to screen print this calendar in front of all the lucky participant who have registered for this workshop.

If you are a Grafica customer (within India) and if you wish to get this fantastic DMI 2012 calendar at your doorstep than kindly leave a message with your contact details on this blog post and I shall try to send if possible.

This superb technique can be explored by any screen printers in many applications where you want to screen print more 50/100 solid (spot) colors with limited impressions to save cost and to make more profits. So far I could list down only few of them for your ready reference:

1. Calendars
2. Wedding Cards
3. Dairies
4. Books, Notebooks & Stationery
5. School bags
6. Toys and Games
7. Fancy stickers and labels
8. CD/DVD covers
9. Gifts and Novelties
10. Art & Serigraphy
11. Packaging
12. Packaging on Transparent Plastic
13. School Bags
14. Carry Bags
15. and you can also compliment this idea on a offset or a digital prints also.

In the last workshop we screen printed Table Matt and Tea Coasters on a MDF and I am sure you can make good money if you sell this idea to any good chain of hotels and restaurants.

The image was first screen printed using process color inks and later we added 9 UV special effects inks and varnish to add value to the product.

I am sure many good hotels and high class restaurants would not mind in spending on such creative stuffs. You can also make the menu cards on the same MDF to complete the concept.

CLICK   HERE   TO   SEE   MORE   DETAILED   PHOTOS   OF   THIS   PRODUCTS

These photos will help you to create more ideas and to make more profits from your screen printing business.

At DMI we work hard to support and educate screen printers FREE OF COST… and I am sure we will keep doing this in future…

In our next workshop you will learn more about this 511 solid (spot) color techniques on the following products:

1. Revolving Table Lamp Stand, Screen Printed on Acrylic surrounded with MDF border.

2. Wine Bottle Box (Packaging) on metallic foil with high quality UV special effect.

3. Candle Light Stand with Fragrance

4. Plastic Diaries and Note Book Covers with UV Mirror Inks.

Remember all above will be screen printed using the new 511 solid (spot) color technique with only 9 impressions…

Have a profitable week.

Bhargav

Advertisements
  1. November 28, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Sir, Will be really happy to see the calendar with 511 spot color thanks for the such a big innovation for not just screen printing but for entire printing industry.

2. Prashant Parashar
    November 28, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Hello Sir, This is Prashant
    I am dying to see the calender.
    You and DMI is really a very good platform for Screen Printers to learn.
    Please Send me a calendar.

• November 28, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Sure we shall once its printed. I have already forwarded your request to DMI staff. Wkr, Bhargav

3. Mitul Gogari
    November 28, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Sir, it will be our pleasure, if we get chance to have one of them.
    Congrats for the achievment.

4. Bipin T. Shinde
    November 28, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Sir, This is another one revolutionary job is going to be printed by DMI.
    I eagerly waiting to see the calender. Sir, Please also give the process tips of this kinds of jobs for Grafica’s customers.

5. firoz chhipa
    November 28, 2011 at 10:12 pm

hi sir, how r u

mind blow picture and this Technic.that is big success in Indian printing industry.

your student :
    firoz chhipa

6. Bhagawanth Thevishan
    November 28, 2011 at 10:58 pm

hi, this is Bhagawanth Thevishan, this is the first time that i seen your blog, your idea of creating 511 solid color in 9 imp is very impressive, and very eager to watch and learn to that technique, but i am in bangalore, is there any workshop for the same in bangalore, i am looking forward of your reply. thanks

7. Gautam Rishi
    November 29, 2011 at 10:00 am

ITS REALLY AMAZING TO SEE SUCH AN INNOVATION IN THE SCREEN PRINTING TECHNIQUES. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A LOOK AT THE CALENDAR & WOULD ALSO LIKE TO LEARN ABOUT THIS METHOD

THANKS

8. Amit Aggarwal
    November 29, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Hello Sir,
    This is Amit Aggarwal
    I am dying to see the calender. it will be our pleasure,
    if we get chance to have one of them. I would like to learn about this method

Thanks

9. jayesh n. malvi
    December 3, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Hello bhargavbhai majama
    This is jayesh malvi from santosh printers – rajkot
    I am dying to see the calender.
    You and DMI is really a very good platform for Screen Printers to learn.
    Please Send me a calendar.

• December 3, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Ek dam majama, Once the Calendar is ready it shall sent it to you… Bhargav

10. Aaqib
    December 4, 2011 at 2:45 am

Sir,

Is it possible that you send the video copy of the workshop on dropbox as it is not possible for me to attend the workshop.

Or you have any other way to teach me this art please suggest.

I will be thankful to you.

Thanks and regards

Aaqib

11. Janardan Haibatrao Malap
    December 4, 2011 at 7:07 am

Hello Sir, I am Janardan Malap (Shraddha Printer, Baroda, Gujarat)
    You and DMI is really a very good platform for Screen Printers in “INDIA” to learn advance.
    thanks for 1st Dec to 3rd Dec 2011 workshop & for calendar. your idea of creating is very impressive, At DMI you & your Staf work hard to support and educate screen printers
    “FREE OF COST” . I also try to print the calendar & when i success, I sent a “FIRST” Copy in your ‘Guru Charan’ ,
    thanks,
    Your Student
    Janardan Malap

• December 4, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Thanks for your honor and respect. I shall eagerly wait for your calendar. Bhargav

12. December 4, 2011 at 11:16 am

Hi
    how are you?
    tapan patel from patel arts – rajkot.
    We want to know more about this technique of 511 color printing.
    please send calender and give some more knowledge for this technique.
    thank you for give us new ideas for printing.
    tapan

• December 4, 2011 at 12:58 pm

I will send but to learn this technique you need to attend my workshop. Bhargav

13. December 5, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Hello Bhargav Bhai!

How are you?

I’m really looking forward to learning this new technique..
    Hope that I’ll be one of the few lucky ones who’ll get the calendar 🙂

My whole family has attended the workshop, and we are using the techniques learnt at the workshops to master the art of screen printing.

We are really very thankful to the knowledge you provide.
    You are doing a great job for the whole screen printing industry.
    Best of luck for all your future endeavors.

Thanks
    Ramit Saxena

• December 5, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Thanks I will sure send it once it’s ready, Bhargav

• January 29, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Dear Bhargav Bhai!

Thanks you so much for sending this beautiful creation.

🙂

Its wonderful to see this work of art.

regards

Ramit Saxena

14. December 5, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Hello Sir, This is V. Nithyanandan,
    Chitra Printers, bangalore.

pl. tell us your idea of 9 imp to creating 511 solid color
    to all of over Screen Printers and send the calender
    thank you for give us new ideas in Screen Printing

nithyanandan
    09845051814

15. Shakti Raj Sharma
    December 6, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Hellow Bhargav Guru ji,

Namskar & Charan sparsh,

I am very impress your spot color technology. That is my dream to purchase NPL package. Dekho, God kab pura karte hai mera dream ? Mera dil to to apke touch mein rahne ko karta hai Kyoki after learn I want distribute my knowledge.

16. December 8, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Sir

This is Sathya Narayanan from SS Associates .,Coimbatore

We feel great to know that 511 shades can be acheived with just 9 strikes.

We are very eager to have a sample in hand , to feel if .

This calender impress us to be more innovative for the years that follow ……..

17. December 13, 2011 at 3:14 pm

nice

18. Harshit Doshi
    December 13, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Hello Sir,

I am Harshit doshi from Moksh printers goregaon. I have attended DMI seminar 1yr back I regularly read your blogs and it’s very interesting for innovative screen printers. I want to buy good quality economic squeeze grinder for our machine . Length required is 28″ min. Also advise which type of diamond wheel (grit size) I should select. We use Fimor Sqz. triple duo meter type in HR grade.

Kindly advise.

Harshit

19. shailesh shah
    January 5, 2012 at 8:41 am

Hello Bhargav, After overlook about ur workshop I feel after 30 years in this field I m student, please inform about next workshop, I want be happy to be there. shailesh shah (shree print art)

20. NIRAV PRAJAPATI
    January 7, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Excellent….!
    Please try to send a copy

1. No trackbacks yet.