Upcoming DMI Workshop on Commercial, Graphics, Industrial, Packaging, Print Finishing & Special Effects Screen Printing
I am excited to announce about my upcoming workshop on GRAPHICS, INDUSTRIAL, PACKAGING, PRINT FINISHING & SPECIAL EFFECTS SCREEN PRINTING application on:
DMI has successfully completed 10 years in 2016 and all these years whenever we conduct any workshop our challenge was always to demonstrate new and latest techniques which should be way ahead in all terms.
In the past I had demonstrated many innovative techniques live at DMI. Here are few important ones:
Micro Embossing also known as Refractive Designs by screen printing
Special Effects Inks & Varnish on packaging & commercial printing
ICC Profiling and colour management system in screen-printing
Demonstrated process colour screen-printing on various rigid substrates
2nd Generation FM Screening in graphics & textile screen printing
So in my upcoming workshop you will learn 10 new and improved techniques:
- Now a days in DMI we say “Once upon a time there was a moire in screen printing”, yes its true. Since 2015 we have completely stopped teaching/demonstrating traditional halftone technology because that’s one of the main reason why we get Moire problems in screen printing. At DMI we believe halftone printing is an outdated technology in certain areas and applications like advertising, poster, signage, garments & textile printing and some industrial printing applications where you want to achieve smooth gradients without MOIRE.So welcome to the world of DMI and learn how to print Stochastic Dots (2nd generation FM Screening), an alternative solution to achieve MOIRE FREE SCREEN PRINTING. With this technique it will be difficult for you to differentiate the printed job whether its screen or digital printing. Now with 2nd generation FM Screening you can achieve digital like quality through screen printing. A complete workflow right from designing to screen making to printing will be demonstrated to achieve this result.
- ICC Profiles & Workflow from artwork/designing to final PDF. What are the important criteria and settings to make a proper PDF file for printing.
- Practical demonstration & workflow how to linearise Positives, Screen Making & Screen Printing Press.
- Practical demonstration how to create your own ICC Profiles for your inks and printers.
- For the first time we shall display LIVE how to CALIBRATE and VALIDATE Monitor and Printer so that “WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET” (WYSIWYG)
- Learn all about digital proofing & validation of the proofs in details. This is a very helpful topics for designers and all kind of printers who outsource their jobs and even who has in-house printing. The challenge every printer or designer faces today is standardisation and repetition accuracy of jobs e.g. if one particular PDF file is given to 10 different printers, even if they all use same machines, screen or plates in case of offset printer, paper and inks still all those 10 printers will produce different colours. The main reason behind this is lack of knowledge and understanding of Colour Management System. So you will learn all this in details to achieve perfection.
- Introducing for the first time in DMI, non PVC BASED, ECO-FRIENDLY water based inks for GREEN SOLUTIONS/APPLICATIONS. Water based inks can be also used in various products and application such as packaging, wedding cards, paper bags, cotton bags, serigraphy/art screen printing etc. etc…
Serigraphy/Art screen printing on hand made papers using water based inks.
- Learn productive and ideas and techniques to improve your printing quality.
- Introducing new special effects UV inks & varnish and how to apply foil on selective areas without foil stamping machine.
The workshop registration is open.
Important Note: After receiving registration for this workshop we will be screening each participants to qualify for this workshop.
There is one exciting offer specially received to DMI which I will be announcing soon.
So till that time enjoy and keep in touch.